As professional counsellors our team are all required to undertake continued professional development (CPD) and attend additional training each year. It’s one of the values in the BACP ethical framework and a way of keeping our skills up to date as well as giving us the opportunity to look at our particular areas of interest in more depth.
Just in the last few months our counsellors have undertaken training in a wide variety of areas such as:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Self Harm
- Suicide awareness
- Maastricht Interviewing (a technique for working with those who hear voices or are diagnosed with schizophrenia)
- Motivational interviewing
- Using play in counselling
- Solution focused therapy
- Working with those who have suffered sexual violence.
We’ve lots of interesting courses we’ll be on in the coming months, keep an eye out on our blog or facebook page to see what we are up to and if any of the above topics are of particular interest then give us a call.